Thursday, October 26, 2006

Introduction to GOD

I feel very cozy in my own space. Cuddled inside a little bag floating in a space of my own, I feel completely in sync with my surroundings. I wonder if this is life? Feeling one with my own self. The world around me keeps changing all the day. But all I can do is feel. As time passes by, I hear voices. Are these voices from my inner soul or is it from God? Mostly, it is a continuous chatter. I can here laughter, I can hear people talking. I try hard to talk back, but always fail. In frustration I try to move my hands and legs. I feel tied down. All I can do is move my legs a little. As I kick, the voices increase. I try looking around. Cannot see much, there is darkness all around. It has always been that way. Ever since I was born.

When I was little, there was more space around, but it was of no use. I had limitation of movement within my own self. But as I grew, the space around me grew smaller and smaller. Now I had more ability of movement but hardly any space to move. I feel cramped in here. I try hard, but moving out of my space hardly seems to be in my hands. I try my best, and when I get tired, I give up. The voices grow louder as I try to move. It irritates me. I pray to get my own space, a space where I could be on my own, without any limitations, without any bindings. And then I hear the voice again. It is a sweet lullaby. A sweet lullaby that puts me to sleep. I doze of into eternity. Darkness envelopes my mind and heart.

Many days pass by. Nothing changes much. Things only get worse. The darkness is haunting. I cannot just lie here doing nothing. In fact I don’t have any reason to be upset. I am never hungry. I am well taken care off, but it gives me a shiver down the spine. I am choking to death. I try wriggling my shoulders. I hear the voice. It’s a loud shriek. The voice goes piercing into my ears. I feel nauseated. I feel a chill. I feel I am going to die, but the life I am living is itself killing me. This life is not worth at all if I cannot do the things I want to do. So I wriggle harder. The voice gets louder. I feel myself being squeezed to death. I feel huge pain. And the screaming voice does not help either. I feel choked. I try to gasp, but I cannot. I feel death is close to me. I can feel its presence. The sound just keeps getting louder. I feel I am stuck. Stuck somewhere in between life and death. And suddenly I feel a huge force. I feel myself dying, being hurled into another world. And suddenly there is light. Just like God created the universe by saying “Let there be light”. I know I am dead. This would be heaven. The light pierces my eyes with fierce intensity. Slowly the light settles down and I see a face. Is this what God looks like? The face is smiling. I realize the voice is the same as I heard in my dreams, my inner voice. “Isnt she beautiful?” she says. Another face comes in. “She has got eyes just like you, Rachel” he says.

“We will name her Sharon” God says.