Saturday, January 13, 2007

A new life

I opened my eyes. There was light. As the blur left its way for sharp images, I realized the figure of Sia staring at me.

She had tears in her eyes.

“How are you?” she asked.

“Fantastic, shall we dance?” I said

“Shut up! You don’t know how to dance!”

“Well, I can try!”

“Pranay..”

“Yes…”

“Shut up”

“OK”

“I thought I would loose you”

“I thought I lost you”

“I think we are pretty much lost people anyways!”

“Did I hurt you?”

“Yes you did”

“I am sorry”

“I am not”

“Will you marry me?”

“No”

“Would you mind if I keep asking you this, till the end of our life?”

“You will keep asking this question for the rest of your life?”

“Even when you are 75, and don’t have a single teeth in your mouth, I would still love you and marry you!”

“You are crazy!”

“What will we name our kids?”

“We wont have any kids”

“If it is a boy, we will call him Aryan, but I would prefer to have a girl child”

“We will call her Ananya”

“I will take Aryan for fishing”

“They will be vegetarian”

“O.K. we will leave the fish into the water after catching it”

“Can we keep a dog?”

“You already have a dog!”

“No I don’t!”

“Bow wow”

I held her hand. It was the first time I ever touched her. I felt at peace. In the car, I thought God wanted to take away my life. I was wrong. He wanted to give me life.

3 comments:

Sigma said...

Hey! You have made it into a series of stories!! All very great!
Do you intend to publish them ? I do think you should ... although you'll be have once customer less - I have already read them here :-D

Cuckoo said...

Now what do I write ?? Speechless me.

So beautifully written and interlinked with each other. All male characters in first person. I liked the way you have depicted the emotions.

You had the entire story in mind before starting the series?
Let me know when are they coming in print. I'll be your first customer.

Looking forward to many more...

Prax said...

Sigma and Cuckoo,
Thanks for the encouraging words...

I have absolutely no clue about publishing stories, so i do not know how it works.

About having the entire story in mind - No, my stories develop on its own... I just think about a character and place them in a surrounding. Most of the time, i have inspirations from my own life and certain stories i read in the newspapers. Like the story of the Life for a Life, was inspired from a story in Maximum City, where a person would kil for Rs. 500 just to mend his broken roof!

One customer more and one customer less! It is so right when they say, Life always maintains a balance!!! ;-)